We’re constantly updating our lab notebook to make it easier to use, share, and collaborate! Did you know that you can…
- Upload images and PDFs into your entries?
- Create a table with Excel-like functionalities for calculations?
- Print a section of a notebook by highlighting a section, and clicking “Print Selection”?
- Embed references to other Benchling files by typing “@” and then the name of the file or sequence?
Our tables also recently got a makeover with the following improvements:
- Insert multiple rows or columns by making a selection and then right clicking the header cell and selecting “Insert X row above/below” or “Insert X column above/below”
- Rename tables by right clicking the table name and choosing a new name
- Merge cells by selecting multiple cells, and clicking the “Merge Cells” icon
- Scientific notation is now supported— numbers written as “1e3” will be interpreted as “1000”. Control the precision by going to “Settings” and then “Precision”.
Please let us know if you have any questions. As always, we welcome your thoughts and suggestions!